Terms and Conditions
- Payment Due. All bills due and payable 30 days
from date of invoice. Interest and service charges of 1.5% per month (18% annually) will be added to all invoices past due of billing date.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal are accepted.
- Credit. Credit cannot be extended until complete credit transaction has been approved. All new accounts must pay in advance of publication until proper credit has been established.
- Collection. If it becomes necessary to place with an attorney for collection any claim for funds due under terms of
contract, the advertiser agrees to pay reasonable fees in addition to the balance then unpaid.
- Copy Acceptance. The publisher reserves the right to reject any advertisement regarded as objectionable in wording or
appearance and may require the word “advertisement” in any ad. Strictly news-like type is not permitted in ads.
- The Publisher reserves the right to revise any advertising deemed objectionable. The advertiser will be notified before any
such change is made.
- Responsibility. Advertisers and advertising agencies assume liability for all contents of advertisements printed and
also assume responsibility for any claims arising thereafter against the publisher. No allowance will be made for errors that do not materially affect the value of the ad. Polish American Journal liability
shall not exceed the cost of the space occupied by the ad.
- Positioning. Advertisers requesting special position will be accommodated as much as space considerations allow; no
guarantee can be made regarding position. Any advertising order directing insertion with specific position or page on an “or omit” basis is not acceptable.
- Political Ads. Political ads must be paid for in advance and must identify the organization and full address of the
person who has responsibility for placement of these ads.
- Space Reservation. Telephone space reservations will be accepted, however, copy must be in our office by advertising
Advertising contracts canceled before the end of the contract period or unfulfilled at its contracts’ conclusion will be charged at the earned rate, in accordance with the amount of column inches used.
- Deadline for space reservations is the 15th of the month prior to insertion. Camera-ready ads may be received on
press date, provided requests for space are made by the above mentioned deadline.
- Cancellations are not accepted after the 24th of the month. Advertisers are liable for ads contracted but canceled.
- Correction and Proof Service. Proofs will be submitted upon request, providing copy deadlines are met. They will be
provided for the sole purpose of correcting typographical errors. Author’s changes and second proof corrections will be made, time permitting, at a charge of $50.00 per hour. On complete pickup ads, no
proof will be supplied.
- Preprint Insert Rates. Preprinted advertising brochures and flyers may be inserted into the paper at a rate of $30.00
per 1000 papers.
- Non-Profit and Not-for-Profit Organizations. These organizations are eligible for regional advertising rates with
prior approval from the Advertising Manager. Religious and Polish American philanthropic organizations are also eligible for advertising discounts.
- Rate Announcement. The publisher reserves the right to alter rates without notice. Rates
quoted and contracted, however, will be considered valid and applicable for six months from the contracted date.
Top of Page
Web offset on 30 pound newsprint. 85 line screen. For best reproduction, submit high-contrast, black and white photographs and line art. Camera-ready advertisements should be submitted as a one-piece stat or negative.
Advertisements may be sent via e-mail in any common format (PDF, JPG, EPS, TIF, etc.), or as Adobe InDesign, Corel or other standard publishing program files to PAJAds. Camera work neccessary for printing will be charged accordingly.
All art and negatives will be retained for one year, unless otherwise requested.