IN THIS MONTH'S WEB EDITION:
POLAND ARRESTS ALLEGED RUSSIAN SPIES.
(Reuters) Two men, a lieutenant-colonel and lawyer, were indicted on charges of spying for Russia in Warsaw. The charges come at a time of increasing tension between the two nations stemming from Russia’s annexation of Crimea.
EXAMINATION CONFIRMS CHOPIN’S CAUSE OF DEATH. The preserved heart of composer
Frederic Chopin contains signs of tuberculosis and possibly some other lung disease, medical experts said, corroborating the Polish musician’s 1849 death certificate.
BOMBER LIFTED FROM BALTIC BOTTOM. A U.S. World War II bomber was raised from the
bottom of the Baltic Sea, seventy years after it crashed in northern Poland, near Gdansk.
CHARMING DISCOVERY. A meteorite was discovered among a large group of sacral objects
in a remains of a Neolithic hut in Bolkow, northwest Poland, and may have been used for shamanic purposes, say academics.
Are you ready for All Saints’ and All Souls’ Days?
Notions, hints, suggestions, symbols, customs and artifacts
to help you prepare for a truly Polish Christmas
All Saints’ and All Souls’ Day in Poland
of Perpetual Distortion
Expedition to the Poles
by Steffen Möller
IN THIS MONTH’S PRINT EDITION
- Crime Scene Investigations Po Polsku
- Wałęsa Loses Street in San Francisco
- Piast Institute Awarded Community Grant
- Matyjaszewski: One of the World’s Most-Cited Chemists
- Kulski To be Honored at Gala
- St. Josaphat’s Reopens with Banner Support
- Baritone Mariusz Kwiecień Wows Chicago
- Polish Cinema in the Spotlight
- Gala Event Marks 40th Anniversary
- The Great Pułaski Hoax
- Toledo’s Kiełbasa Cook-Off
- Stevens Point’s Dozynki Harvest Festival
- Solidarity Hero Wins Nike Literary Award
- Strempek Shea “Makes a Wish” with Sixth Novel
- Kosk-Kosicka Wins Annual Harriss Prize
- Obits: Michael Preisler, Polish Catholic Auschwitz Survivor; Walter L. Sojka, Active in
Religious and Community Organizations; and Community, Organization Leader Kazimierz Joseph Olejarczyk
- A Sturr-rific Day at Tioga Downs Oktoberfest
- Dance to Benefit ALS Association
- Roncesvalles Festival a Wonderful Experience
- and more!