IN THIS MONTH'S WEB EDITION:
JONES IS NEW AMBASSADOR. President Barrack Obama appointed a new American ambassador to Poland, Paul Wayne Jones. Outgoing diplomat Stephen Mull
tweeted that the selection was a “great choice.”
POLES WIN INTERNATIONAL SATELLITE
A team from the AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, has beaten 59 other university teams to win a major satellite technology organized by both the American Astronautical Society and the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, with sponsorship and some participation from NASA.
UKRAINIANS FLEE TO POLAND. Thousands of Ukrainian refugees have fled to Poland to escape the conflict in their country. Poland issued 331,000 short-term work permits to
Ukrainians last year, an increase of 50% over the previous year.
CANADIAN PM VISITS WARSAW. Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper visited the Polish capital, where he laid a wreath at the Tomb of the
Unknown Soldier in Warsaw, and met his Polish counterpart Ewa Kopacz and President Bronislaw Komorowski.
POPIELUSZKO REMEMBERED. A museum
dedicated to martyred Polish priest Jerzy Popieluszko opened in the Central Poland city of Wloclawek, offering visitors a combination of movies, television and use of its vast computing
Scandal and Shake-up Ahead of Elections in Poland by Robert Strybel
Why Duda Won: The election of Andrzej Duda in the second round of Poland’s presidential elections on May 24 has caused
muted surprise in the West, less muted consternation in some circles in Poland
Missing Persons: A Life of Unexpected Influences by Bruce Piasecki
A Polish Doctor in the Nazi Camps:
My Mother’s Memories of Imprisonment, Immigration, and a Life Remade by Barbara Rylko-Bauer.
IN THIS MONTH’S PRINT EDITION
Anniversary Present to you: We’re Giving Away 104 Free Digital Subscriptions
to Champion Inclusion into the Visa Waiver Program
- Baseball in Poland Needs Your Help
- Summer Time: Time to Make Citizens
- Washington Ignores Warsaw’s Requests
- CIA Jail Investigation Stonewalled
- Why Duda Won
- Holocaust Survivor Continues Mission to Teach Tolerance
- Mikulski, Kirk, Introduce Bipartisan Visa Legislation
- U.S. Plans to Store Heavy Arms in Baltic, Eastern Europe
- Hackers Attack LOT Computers at Warsaw Airport
- PHS Announces Scholarship Recipients
- Call to Religious Life Still Answered Today
- Are You on Facebook?
- Father Marusz Dymek Installed at St. Stanislaus
- The Wojcickis: A Family Affair
- Happy Birthday, America!
- Cieradkowski Book is a Baseball Gem
- “Between the Lines: Poland 1974-1990”
- A Polish Doctor in the Nazi Camps a Thoughtful and Compelling Narrative
- Polonian Places: St. Joseph’s PNC Church, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Various types of Heraldic Devices (Coats of Arms)
- Genealogy Research: Steps to Follow
- Krakow’s Jewish Culture Festival
- Poles Lobby in America
- The Karski Bench: Getting the Word Out
- Discover the Meaning of Your Polish Name
- Polish Singers Alliance Convention: Pleasant Memories Linger On
- Take Advantage of the Berry Harvest
- Chmielewski Celebrates 70 Years in Polkas
- Sturr Releases “Forget Me Never” with Guest Willie Nelson
- You Just Can’t Beat Polkas by the Riverside
- A Chicagoan Reviews a Hamtramck Eatery
- and more!