In this month’s SPECIAL CHRISTMAS EDITION
Boże Narodzenia Po Góralsku:
Dr. Thaddeus Gromada on Christmas among the Polish Highlanders
IN THIS MONTH'S WEB EDITION:
AMERICAN SOLDIER HONORED BY POLAND.
On Nov., 12, Staff Sergeant Michael H. Ollis of Staten Island, was posthumously honored with the “Afghanistan Star” awarded by the President of the Republic of Poland and “Army Gold Medal” awarded by Poland’s Minister of Defense, for his heroic and selfless actions in the line of duty.
MORE VICTIMS OF COMMUNISM DISCOVERED. The remains of as many as 200 people have been found in
PNA TO SELL NYC LANDMARKS. New York’s Polonia will lose two of its landmarks, as the
Chicago-based Polish National Alliance will sell two buildings.
THE POLISH AMERICAN CONGRESS
was among the several dozen organizations — mostly from business, labor, and faith communities — invited to the White House for a meeting with President Barak Obama on immigration reform.
STORM CLAIMS ICONIC STEEPLE. The main steeple of Detroit’s historic Polish American St. Josaphat
church will be coming down and replaced with a roof, following damage from a heavy winds,
THE POLISH GANG, 1929 by Karl J. Niemiec
THE ERRAND OF THE EYE
photographs by Rose Mandel
IN THIS MONTH'S PRINT EDITION
- Roraty — An Ancient Polish Custom in Honor of the Blessed Virgin
- CHRISTMAS STORIES. Recollections of Polish Christmases from 1939 to the present, including:
- Why I Love Kolędy by The Rev. Dr. Zygmunt Zieliński
- Christmas 70 Years Ago in Volhynia by by Ewa Siemaszko
- Memories of Christmas 1970 by by Piotr Szczudłowski
- A Kashub Christmas by by Fr. Władysław Szulist
- My First Christmas in Poland by by John Grondelski
- Christmas in Silesia by by The
Rev. Prof. Bernard Kołodziej, S.Chr.
- Christmas in the Zamość Region by The Rev. Prof. Edward Walewander
- Christmas Day Meat Dishes
- Christmas Cakes and Cookies
- Mushroom Picking, Anyone?
- 20 Years a Blessed: Mary Angela Truszkowska, foundress of the Felician Sisters.
- NPR’s “Wait, Wait … Don’t Tell Me” Apologizes for Polish Joke
- Belinsky and Fidrych: Gone, But Not Forgotten
- Bulhak’s Photography Goes Digital
- Kerry Pays Visit to Warsaw
- General Rowny Honored by Kosciuszko Foundation
- Majewski Re-elected as Hamtramck’s Mayor
- Archbishop Reflects at “Wadowice on the Potomac”
- Connecticut State Polka Celebration A Huge Success
- Thanks for the Memories! After 26 Years Behind the Desk at the PAJ, Columnist Barb Pinkowski Retires.
- What was All of the Pondering About?
- 5 Days in Poland: The Jerusalem Path to Sobieski
- Polish Music with a Polish Soul
- DNA and Your Genealogy
- New Release by Ewa Angeli Features Kolędy in English Translation
- Mazowiecki Laid to Rest Jajko Calls Investigation “A Cover Up”
- Ludowa Nuta to Perform in Brooklyn
- and more!