IN THIS MONTH'S WEB EDITION:
TO STEP UP OPERATIONS AGAINST ISIS.
(RADIO POLAND) — Polish Foreign Minister Grzegorz Schetyna said in Washington after a meeting with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry that Poland wants to provide more support in the campaign against the Islamic State.
POLAND SCOOPS FIVE OSCAR NOMINATIONS. Poland won five nominations for the
87th Academy Awards, including two for Pawel Pawlikowski’s acclaimed movie Ida. The post-Holocaust drama was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film, and Best Cinematography.
Meanwhile, two Polish works, Joanna and Our Curse, are in the running for Best Documentary Short Subject.
LENDING HELP. During a meeting with her Ukrainian counterpart Arseniy
Yatsenyuk, Polish Prime Minister Ewa Kopacz announced that Poland will provide a loan worth EUR 100 million (about $123.5 million USD) to Ukraine. The loan is intended to help rebuild the
Donbas region, the site of the ongoing conflict in Eastern Ukraine, as well as to support democratic reforms in the country.
OLDEST WOMAN DIES. Lucyna Sobolewska, who had been Poland’s oldest
woman, has died at age 113. On her last birthday, she told journalists how she remembered two world wars.
70th Anniversary of the Liberation of the Camps
Your Heritage, Your Duty
Endeavor: One Polish Family’s Journey from Siberia to Freedom by Hilary Shew
IN THIS MONTH’S PRINT EDITION
- Senate Caucus on Poland Meets with Foreign Minister Schetyna
- Documenting Polish Victims of Germany
- Holocaust Memorial Museum Representatives Made Presentation at Embassy
- Detroit’s Chene Street: A Historical Perspective
- Your Heritage, Your Duty
- Polish Codebreakers Not Given Due Credit
- Pulaski’s Birthday to be Observed in Savannah, March 7
- Free Digital Subscriptions for Clergy, Officials
- Dr. Jaroszynska-Kirchmann Brings History to Life
- Fighting a War on Ignorance
- 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of the Camps
- Documenting Polish Victims of Nazi Germany
- Orchard Lake Polish Mission, State Museum, Bring Auschwitz Exhibit to United Nations
- Stanisław Barańczak Dies at Age 68, Tadeusz Konwicki at 88
- “Rutkowski Way” Street Dedication
- Bronislawa Rynkowski Turns 100
- It’s Pączki Time!
- Czy będziesz moja? Will You Be Mine?
- Olejniczak Helped Keep the Packers Alive
- Czerwony Guitar Tours Western New York and Southern Canada
- From Siberia to Freedom
- Search For World War II Submarine Underway
- Under Zygmunt’s Protective Sword
- This Valentine’s Day, Fall in Love the Polish Way
- Using Family History Center Films
- Historic Scenes Through Mobile Means
- What Does Your Last Name Mean?
- Polonia Losses Its “Rock Star”
- World War I: The Germans Take Warsaw and Wilno
- After all These Years, Ed Guca is Still Playin’ Polkas
- Big Joe Siedlik Dead at
- Holidays Include Performance by Buffalo Legend Happy Richie Bojczuk
- Tribute to Ray Jay Planned
- Hard Knock Polka Dance at Dianeagains
- and more!